Building a movement requires finding others who have a desire for the same change that you want (even if they don’t know it yet!) Here are some ‘first step’ ideas:
- Set up an information table at your local farmer’s market, community pool or park.
- Make an appointment with your city council, county commissioners, state legislators and congressional members. It’s easier than you think and they want to hear ideas and concerns from constituents.
- Invite family and friends to watch a video or send them current information about an issue. We’ve got tools, videos and a format you can use.
- Tell us what you think – on paper, email or leave us a voice message.
- Add us to your Facebook page or your website.
- Ask questions. Whenever you have the chance ask your legislator, ask the newspaper, ask the radio and tv reporters. Your questions might spur the next discussion.
Current ideas – (something has to be added here that’s current and updated…)
Options for information:
1) Still trying to learn the lingo? Check out this set of resources to help keep you in the loop.
2) Check out the calendar of upcoming events. Pick one (or two!) and get involved with others who are learning and taking action.
2) If there is something else you want to know about send us a question here.