Allies for a Healthier Oregon (AHO) – a program of We Can Do Better – convenes advocates in conversation about strategies and actions to improve health and health care in Oregon. Contact the AHO Coordinator to learn more about AHO meetings and resources at: email@example.com.
AHO functions are supported by the financial and in-kind contributions of members, supporters, and the community.
During the Oregon legislative session, AHO convenes weekly Wednesday meetings at noon at the Capital in Salem, providing a critical communication link for health and health care advocates working on legislation.
AHO holds monthly information meetings in Portland on the second Tuesday of the month during the calendar year. These meetings often include presenters from public agencies and health care policy advocates including from AHO member organizations.
Throughout its efforts, AHO strives to function as a strategic communication center to affect policies and proposals that improve health and health equity for all Oregonians, and the systems that deliver those services; for relationship building, collaboration, and action among organizations and coalitions that advocate for health & health equity.
Download the AHO Membership/Donation Form http://www.wecandobetter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/AHO-Member-and-Supporter-Reply-6-2014.pdf
Current members of AHO include:
- Sisters of the Road
- Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good (MACG)
- Oregon Action
- Mid-Valley Healthcare Advocates
- Cascade AIDS Project
- Oregon Latino Health Coalition
- CAUSA Oregon
- Jobs with Justice
- NAMI Oregon
- Coalition of Community Health Clinics
- Elders in Action
- Tobacco Free Coalition of Oregon
- The TREE Institute
- Urban League of Portland
- We Can Do Better
- Oregon Center for Public Policy
- Health Care for All Oregon
- Main Street Alliance of Oregon
- Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health
- John Mullin (individual member)
- Ellen Lowe (individual member)
- Laura Raymond (individual member)